MORESCO Sustainability ManagementSDGs Initiatives and Materiality
SDGs Initiatives and Materiality
Seven materialities were determined based on the issues that were sorted and categorized through discussions with internal and external stakeholders and discussions with business units and related divisions to determine what environmental and social issues MORESCO can particularly contribute to solving through its business. These seven materialities consist of five important issues related to business activities and two important issues related to the internal infrastructure that supports the business. By drawing a roadmap toward our "ideal state" in 2030 and executing our plans each year we will make steady progress toward our goals.
Commercialization system for users and society Materiality Identification Process
Identification of Issues
- In line with the 17 goals of the SDGs, an internal questionnaire was directed towards all employees and asked, "What can MORESCO do? What challenges do we face?"
- A questionnaire was sent to external stakeholders* asking, "What should MORESCO focus on? What would you like to see from us?"
* Customers, suppliers, shareholders with whom we do business, local governments, universities with which we collaborate, etc.
Selection of High-Priority Issues
Bearing the results of the STEP 1 questionnaires in mind, the positive and negative impacts on society and the environment throughout the value chain were discussed in each of the business, R&D, and corporate divisions, and issues that MORESCO should prioritize were selected.
Rating of Importance
Materiality is identified by evaluating the issues selected in STEP2 in terms of their importance to stakeholders including employees and to the MORESCO Group, based on quantitative and qualitative evaluations and opinions in STEP1 and STEP2 (decided with the approval of the Board of Directors).
Information Disclosure and Stakeholder Dialogue
We will strengthen and improve information disclosure related to sustainability on our website among other avenues, and enhance dialogue with various stakeholders based on disclosed information to simultaneously realize sustainable growth in corporate value and solutions to social issues.
We have mapped initiatives throughout the value chain that will lead to enhanced positive impacts on society and the environment while minimizing the negative impacts.
Initiatives Related to Internal Infrastructure
Strengthening corporate governance and compliance with laws and social ethics are prerequisites for corporate management.
* We will strengthen human capital through the cultivation and assignment of diverse human resources.
* The company is committed to realizing a work environment that is both physically and mentally fulfilling, as well as one that emphasizes human rights.